Tuesday, December 20, 2005

A Blog is Born!

Welcome one and all to my new blog. Many of you are probably familiar with me from my contributions on the University of Delaware College Democrats Blog (linked to the right). This semester, I have moved home to student teach at a local high school (Polytech) and as a result resigned my position on the Dems board. Though I will still be contributing regularly to the their blog, I found myself wanting to expand the perspectives within my writing. So, with the encouragement of Ryan S., one of my favorite Conservatives, I decided to create my very own blog (I realize now that I am stating the obvious).

At any rate, I will try to update regularly and expand the links page, etc. If you would like to be linked, let me know and I will try to get you on ASAP. I welcome all comments, but would like to encourage intelligent, civil dialogue.

Politically, I am to the left of center, but am a centrist in that I believe we can solve more problems through open dialogue and through seeking common ground than by trying to dominate those with different perspectives. Too often, that is the way of our current political system, and I believe the high level of disapproval for both parties in Congress as well as the President is at least in part a product of the childishness of our elected officials in how they conduct their business and campaigns. Though some may consider this idealistic drivel, truly it is the pursuit of a better way that drives many into politics and the political system as a whole. How better to fix this nation’s problems than to begin with “fixing” those who run it?

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan S. said...

Sweet. Glad you have been your blogosphere midwife, as it were. I'll add you too my blogroll as soon as I update again (so like, tomorrow?).

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home